April 19, 2024

Business Bib

Business & Finance Blog

How should I find a good CPA or a tax professional for my business?

2 min read

There are many who think of preparing their own taxes and after they give it a serious thought, they immediately think of seeking help of a professional who can do the work on their behalf. The first question that comes to the mind of people who think of hiring a CPA or a tax professional is where to find them. If you don’t know anyone who uses an accountant, what is the next step that you should take? Should you walk into any of those tax chains, watch out for a CPA around you or should you seek help of recommendations from people you know?

If you’re someone staying in Israel, you may seek help of pstein.com as they have the best names of CPAs who are not only professional but who also have gained several years of experience in whatever they do. Check out the ways in which you can find out the best CPA who will have your best interests in mind.

A little bit on the different kinds of tax professionals

Before you move out for the search, you should first get to know the different tax professionals that are available in the market. Here are few types of tax professionals that you should seek help of.

CPAs or Certified Tax Professionals

CPAs are accountants who have successfully qualified through the state exams and who have met all sorts of experience requirements for obtaining the title. All CPAs might not be experts in income taxes and hence when you’re watching out for someone who can prepare your tax returns, you should ask whether or not the CPA has had enough experience in handling tax returns.

EA or Enrolled Agent

EA is a tax professional who has received a license by the IRS through a specific enrollment exam or after they’ve worked with the IRS for 5 years. Enrolled Agents can specialize in various tax areas and hence you can be sure about asking him his specific area of expertise. These are the professionals who live and breathe on taxes and hence if you have tax works to be done for your business or for yourself, you should definitely ask an Enrolled Agent.

Apart from the above two options, you have 2 other choices for tax preparers, tax preparation claims and tax attorneys. The latter is best for managing complicated tax disputes and other corporate issues apart from individual tax returns. Don’t forget to look for compatibility before choosing a tax professional or a CPA for yourself.