Utilization of Drones in Aerospace or Defense
The development of drones, or unmanned aerial systems was primarily for military purposes. As these aerial systems did not necessitate an onboard pilot, they were seen as a beneficial weapon on the battlefield. Not only does a drone diminish the mortality rate of the soldiers, it also provides the military a chance to spy on the enemy in a distinct manner.
Drones have become a significant component of national defense for the following reasons.
- A drone is an unmanned vehicle, to be precise; it does not require any one to be on it to be controlled. This is likely because it can be controlled using a remote control. Though it is compulsory that it is still controlled by a trained pilot, it does not require the pilot to go with it.
- The US military has been using drones to search for terrorists and have proved how beneficial they are for conducting covert military operations.
- Drones can be used for several purposes such as searching for hidden terrorists, gunning the terrorists down in their own zones and searching for the unseen landmines using hyper spectral imaging sensors.
- Keeping an eye on the air space of the nation.
- Keeping a check on the borders of the country without intimidating the lives of the most valuable soldiers.
The use of the US Army’s Global Hawk in the battle field of Afghanistan has already made news bulletin. This has generated a race between countries to own and advance this technology as soon as possible. Various countries are already way ahead in the research and development and expansion of drones for their individual defense forces. Megabite Electronics, since 1979, a major distributor of defense technology scored 99 percent in the Department of Defense’s performance index.
The use of drones even by the army is not only for espionage and combat purposes. This technology is fundamentally being developed for the times when a catastrophe hits the nation. The military is trying to use drones in regions that have suffered earthquake or fire where the military and air force is called in to rescue individuals. This is the philanthropic aspect of the use of drones. Drones are sent in difficult to reach places to search for slayers. When the images from a drone show the existence of any survivor, special teams are sent in to perform rescue operation. This has saved many lives and is certain to save a number of lives in future too.
The countries that are trying to be the governing factors in the world need to have this technology soon. USA has started by bringing together all of its top engineers to develop homemade UAVs and there were news about the flight of their first UAV.
The usage of UAVs cannot substitute the satellites or the fighter jets, nevertheless, they can be used for surveillance missions that cannot be performed by fighter jets as they are too large and hence can be spotted quite easily by radar. Megabite Electronics, the company believes that drones are certainly one of the ‘must haves ‘for any good army in the future.